wildlife photography through the lens of an animator

Thursday, October 18, 2007

So exciting and so frustrating

I had exactly 34 seconds between the first and the last shot. I heard them coming. I had my camera in my backpack. All the settings were wrong. They came and flew away. Twelve Black Cockatoos with their prehistoric calls, with their relaxed way of flying. Did they notice at all the tiny creature on the ground pointing a weird device at them? Do they know what an adrenaline rush that creature had got? Of course not. I have been dreaming to get good photos of these magnificent birds for years. They are not as common here as you may think. And that's all I could get. And even this is not because of my photography skills, it's all due to the awesome camera that I have which could capture a frame or two even in a moment when the photographer was totally disoriented.
above: Yellow Tailed Black Cockatoo, Tasmania. Male has a dark bill.
click on a photo to view hi-res image :: click on a label to open all related posts

No comments: