wildlife photography through the lens of an animator

Friday, December 28, 2007

BBC feel

A friend of mine recently made a very nice compliment about my photos and the way I frame (crop) the shots. I was really pleased to hear this from him as he is an awesome artist and animator and I appreciate his opinion very much.
I took this series of pictures two days ago at Peppermint Bay, Tasmania in a warm and cloudy day. I like the mood and the film feel that these photos have. It's tempting to think that they somehow look like stills from a David Attenborough BBC documentary, showing the Plovers in a typical habitat, behaving in a very 'natural' way and looking quite undisturbed.
Masked Lapwing family, the juvenile has spots on the wings and body
click on a photo to view hi-res image :: click on a label to open all related posts

No comments: